Sophie's Planetary Blog

Friday, September 04, 2009

My Life Since my last post. Pt 1

Yeah so it's been a while.

I've been pretty rubbish at blogging, mostly because I've been living and partly because I'm a sporadic kittykat kind of lady.

But let's see, last post was May 2008.

Since then, I did some pretty cool things, I did my final year project, my dissertation, my final year in general and I graduated (2.1 BSc hons Biology with Science Communications... baby YEAH!)

So yeah. I'm a grown up according to the minor technicalities... inside I'm still infantile... a bit.

News on the squirrel front. They all seem to have disappeared entirely. but the foxes are on the up!
Oh and the cat from over the way has become my unofficial pet, he comes in now rolls around a bit in our house, gets a cuddle off me and/or my brother and leaves. He really is a beautiful creature. When I have a good picture of him I'll put it here. He is a truly loveable creature. His demeanour is that of a sleepy fluffy puppy. He basks in our conservatory and sometimes cleans himself there too. He loves sugar.

In the last year, I took up giant bubble blowing and Judo, have been doing those hobbies for about a a year. I say Judo's a hobby, I have been engaging in the way of life for about a year. I've kept up with Tai Chi and Yoga. Oh and I have abs, which if ever a photograph was ever taken of them, the only airbrushing required would be for my scar :-p

I love blowing giant bubbles, they are amazing, I will write properly about them in their own right soon enough hopefully with pictures. They are just that good!

I had a fairly amazing summer.
July this year just gone was certainly one for the history books upon my life. I am going to list all of the amazing things which happened to me:

Matie Amrit took me to a FREE gig for my birthday. Not just any free gig... no no no... FRANZ FERDINAND! supported by the awesomely wonderous PASSION PIT! My god it was amazing. Passion pit were really really good, I totally rocked out to sleepyhead. But Franz... of Franz ferdinand are just about the sexiest bunch of guitar welders I've ever had the great fortune to see live. We were quite close to the front, and the guitarist jumped into the crowd right in front of us... it was an awesome night.

My super sweet friend Rupa did a lovely thing for me on my birthday... I threw a bit of a strop this year because I usually arrange something for my birthday and then hardly any one turns up because the timing is bad. And they just seem to not bother entirely But last year I turned 21, so was expecting frankly a bit more effort. Yet was met with a poor response. So this year I just threw a bit of a 'fuck you all... I'm not arranging anything' because frankly I was really disappointed last year and didn't want to get my expectations up just to have them uncaringly dashed. Because I hatet having that kind of dissapointment on my birthday. My mate rupa had a metaphorical aneurism at this logic and came down from Oxford to London for the day and threw me a surprise outing to the science musuem. It wasn't a total surprise because she realised she didn't know all my friends and had to get me to invite them. I completely appreciated the gesture though. And she is a total diamond mate in my life forever more.

I graduated. I am a graduate. The ceremony was beautiful, all set up in the chapel at RoHo. It was very old fashioned with the royal guard and everything. I loved it. I was terrified though. I'm told that when I was collecting my scroll I just looked very confused, as though I was wondering why I was there. To be honest I was just feeling quite nervous and disorientated. And trying not to fall over in my giant red heels. Because I wore red heels to my ceremony. I figured if I was going to join the realm of the grown-ups, I would do so swinging. I got drunk, spoke to my lecturers, discovered they all love me despite my scatterbrainedness. Got a hug of Drs Lopez and Angus. Took lots of pictures with me, Mike, Tristan, and Rpa among others. Got a final picture with Rupa... and came to the realisation that now on... I am a visitor to Royal Holloway...
... except that somehow I've been dragged into to freshers fayre... !?

RJ came down, and we passed a nice time blowing giant bubbles. Me and Julie spent quite a few days together, and one of the coolest things happened. We were sort of chilling in the park, he'd brought me some bananas and I'd eaten them, except I always leave a little bit. And while we were still and chillling, I managed to feed a squirrel by hold the bana out to it. And it came right up to my hand, and took it. That was quite a cool moment.

I went to yet another awesome gig. Sundae in the park... This being with Rupa, Amrit and Ian. We got our faces painted, ate free ice cream and candy floss... AND got to see camera obscura, the futureheads and Human league... it was AWESOME! For the futtureheads we were about 5-7 metres away from the stage, and ian put me up on his shoulders and I could see the band right up close!!! and they could see me!!! And for Human league me and rupa serenaded electric dreams to each other before munching on free ice cream cookie sandwiches. She stayed over, it was nice. Really odd though because I sort of ended up tucking her in. She was cute though, like a little child.

Finally, on the last day I started seeing someone. He's difficult, but amazing... and I'm essentially happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home