Sophie's Planetary Blog

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Because I'm feeling Poetic...

This time, instead of regaling you with my tales, I've decided to put on a poem I've written.

MDW Lewis.

Laying down your thought foundations,
Building up your concrete heart.
Smelting your hardened veins,
With fires which have left their mark.

Soul Marks,
Burns and Scars,
But I can see you for what you are.

Houses, home is what you could be,
With petunias growing,
And daffodils under the apple tree.

The smell of food wafting by,
Like your laughter, like your cries,
Tears at films, smiles at music

Playing from upstairs.
Laughter, happiness, tea, hot chocolate and good times
In the kitchen of your life,

Hugs, and sadness, with love and support,
In the dining room of your time.
Bathrooms will cleanse, and Bedrooms will please.

But only when this house is complete,
And when there’s curtains up, a few blinds.
And when you’ve put the doormat out,
You’ll invite us all home.

18/10/09

2 Comments:

  • That was amazing and I must admit, I missed the post the first time around. A poem as good as that does not deserve my name as a title. You should give this a proper title!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:51 PM  

  • Lol, well it's about you! Giving it your pen name felt right lol. I read your poem under construction, and it incited me to write a poem about how I see you... like a house... which needs curtains. :-D

    By Blogger Sophie, at 4:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home